The topic for this year’s Contest is:
Christ promised, “I am with you always, until the end of the age.” The year 2020 was tumultuous and divisive for a variety of reasons, including the COVID-19 pandemic, the election, racial tensions, and violence. How has any of this strengthened your resolve to attend a faithful Catholic college?
Essays will be judged by how well they demonstrate appreciation for faithful Catholic education, as well as the quality of the writing. The Cardinal Newman Society reserves the right to publish submitted essays.
Essay Specifications and Format:
- Written in the English language
- 500-700 words saved in a PDF file
- Article title and author’s name at top of first page
- Author’s last name and page number on each subsequent page
- Typed, Times New Roman font, size 12 point
- Double-spaced paragraphs
- Word count included at end of essay
- Works cited page, if necessary (not included in essay word count)
Essays must be uploaded and submitted electronically using online contest application form no later than 11:59 p.m. (E.D.T.) on February 15, 2021. No essays or applications will be accepted by email, postal mail, fax, or any other form of communication.
Only one entry is allowed per applicant. If a person enters multiple times, all of their entries will be disqualified.